Are there any good password managers that don’t require running software locally?

J. January 11, 2012

I need a password manager. I am sitting at a PC at the public library where I can not run any application other than those installed on the PC, i.e. Firefox, OpenOffice, Audacity, etc. That means no PortableApps or browser plug-ins.

The password database can be either in the cloud or on a USB stick. Is there anything like KeePass or LastPass that will work for me?

1. -=Geo=-

Keepass also has a portable version that runs off a USB stick.
     (¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

• J.

Problem: The key word here is 'runs'. Please notice in my question, I stated "... where I can not run any application ..."

3. Chris Hoffman

I was about to recommend LastPass, which I use and love.

I see you've dismissed LastPass, but did you know that you can access it in your web browser at lastpass.com ? You don't need to install a plug-in to use it.

• J.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

• J.

Yes, this seems to work. I couldn't make it work the way I thought it would when accessing it from their web site. Then found in their help, that in this case it wouldn't autofill. I needed to copy and past. That works! Consider me a convert. ;-)

• Chris Hoffman

Great! LastPass also has a portable version that you can shove on a USB stick. I believe other apps like Keepass also have portable versions you could shove on a USB stick -- that would give you autofill, but you'd have to run the program on a computer instead of signing into a website.