What is a good inexpensive project management package?

Kimberly N February 28, 2014

I need an inexpensive project management application, preferably cloud-based. I have a construction company that needs to assign a Job/Project to a Field Super and allow that person to assign tasks to subcontractors and assign tasks to A/P for purchasing then have it all funnel back to accounting for processing. Accounting is the person that would assign the Job/Project to the Field Super. The owner, Accounting and so on needs to be able to see the progress of each job (there are 300+) at any time. Would love to see a calendar of production and minimal reports associated with job. ALL PO’s come from Supply Pro and the accounting program is QuickBooks Enterprise 14.0 for Contractors.
We have reviewed Asana (Love the price, hate the lack of training or instruction materials and the inability to assign a Job/Project appears to only allow us to assign tasks).
We have reviewed Basecamp that was way to costly as they have 300+ jobs in a week and 3000.00 is just not reachable.
We have reviewed project manager not sure about it. It may be over kill but also 15.00 per user per month could be about 225.00 per month at a min. I think there sales staff is not forthcoming with information.
We reviewed QuickBase – This one I LOVE (I think???) But it is way too expensive, I mean way too expensive.
Now I have given you all the information I have. I look forward to all the suggestions. You all are wonderful with helpful information.

1. Troy

I've had to look at many of these (Solve360, Trello, Zoho and others). I would definitely have you take a look at Insightly.com. Not sure about any integration with accounting (Zoho might be better), but for project management, Insightly is very good. They have Pipelines (templates for repeated processes) and Milestones that make project management easier. It also started as a CRM, so all the customer management stuff is there to (including growing social integration). If you use Google Apps for Business, it's a no-brainer as they have probably the best integration with Google of any of the PM software. Tasks are there. Evernote integration. Cross-linking projects to clients to tasks to emails. And their GMail gadget is worth the small price of admission. Convert emails to tasks, projects, contacts and more all without leaving Gmail. They have the best Gmail gadget available at the moment.

No, I don't work for them. A happy customer that sees even greater potential in the foundation they've built.

2. Rene Raggl

Maybe Solve 360 could work for you? I've used it for a few months when I was between jobs and liked it a lot.

3. handytechtipper
  4. Rajaa C

Checkout Zoho's Cloud Project Management Software. It is pretty good actually. Link is https://www.zoho.com/projects/

5. Kelsey Tidwell

What you need is pretty ambitious, so I don't know if this will come close to filling your needs, but have you looked at Trello? Check out the different use cases at https://trello.com/b/nPNSBZjB/trello-resources
    I'm using it to plan, plot and organize pretty much every facet of my life, and I love it!