What’s a good idea for a website?

Vely December 17, 2011

I want to make a website for my final project at my university. I’m having trouble coming up with an idea, however. Besides shopping or educational websites (which aren’t allowed) what kind of website would you like to see that isn’t common?

What's the scope of the project? When you say "make a website for a final project", does that mean on a scale of programming your own database driven site, for instance? Or are we talking about some design course where you just have to make a pretty HTML page. 

I find the best way to get ideas for new sites is either to exploit something not done well enough already, or examine parts of your life for which there is no decent site available. 

2. Mr. Play Bolo

I think googd ideas of website is free online games just like gamebolo.com

Vely,

A good idea for a practical website, that's both useful and simple is a website whereby a user enters their interest and gets a list of related YouTube channels and playlists.

I got the idea from Jean's question.

- Jeff

- a bogus company page
    - a service website (e.g. for monitoring servers/websites for downtime)
    - a news/information aggregation website (e.g. it could be enhanced with category selection)
    - an internal website showing information and status of the universities network (might eventually score you some future deal with your universities network administration)

Except for the first one all of those projects also have the potential for a future use or broader audience if they are put together well, flexible and expandable.