What is a good and free tool to manage video files?

Brian September 28, 2010

I am looking for a tool to manage all the video clips taken from my video camera. I want a simple tool  – and perhaps its just Picasa – to make it easy to locate clips, name them, sort by date etc. Any ideas?

Brian,

which tool did you go with for organizing your videos? What experiences did you make and do you have any recommendations of your own?

2. Saikat Basu

I also came across FreshView today. You can organize and view multimedia files (images, audio, video). Watch movies, listen to music, and view graphics in a slide show. Read our take on it here - FreshView – Awesome App To Organize & Browse Your Multimedia Files

3. Ricarco Alves

if you are looking for a video manager that is also a sort of media center i recommend Boxee that will manage all kinds of media content and will work on any operating system

4. Gabriel Maslíah

I think the best free option is picasa

5. Saikat Basu

You can try out Pumpwhich was covered a while back. Do read the comments in the article too where people do have opinions on it. But I would suggest you try it out for yourself.

You can play around with WinAmp too and see if it works for you.