What is a good deal for a JellyBean Tablet in India?

Rajaa Chowdhury October 21, 2012

I am based in India, and we have a few established mobile phone / tablet manufacturers locally like Micromax, Karbonn, etc.

Karbonn has recently launched an Android JellyBean Tablet @ Rs. 6,990 which is around US $130. These are the details: http://www.karbonnmobiles.com/product_tablet_details.php?tabid=1

Kindly suggest if it is a good buy. Would also appreciate similar product suggestion at similar price range. I am also evaluating Micromax FunBook however it is ported with ICS while this one has JellyBean.

1. Patrick Jackson

Just but Funbook, and use CyanogenMod to root it to Jelly Bean. Remember that it wil void your warranty! Else if you have a heavy pocket, go for Nexus 7!

2. shaurya gupta

I would go with the micromax one coz i used it once and it was like nice. Never used the karbonn though.

Got a bad review on this tablet at Mobil store and Reliance Digital outlet near our home. 4 out of 6 were discovered faulty at the Reliance outlet so gonna refrain now from purchasing. gonna wait for Google Nexus 7 now for November.

4. Siddhant Chaurasia

The Google Nexus Tablet is a nice one

Yeps no doubt but it is still officially awaited in India. Just got an update yesterday, that it will launch in November, so now gonna wait for it.

Cheap tablets often compromise on many factors like build quality,type of touchscreen and its visibility,its navigation.So,if possible,try a hands-on in some big retail shop.

I would suggest you to wait for some more JellyBean tablets as these companies often launch tablets very quickly.

7. Harish Jonnalagadda

You can also visit http://www.thinkdigit.com, the website for the monthly magazine. They do a lot of tablet reviews, and most of these reviews are for tablets available in India.

8. Harish Jonnalagadda

I would suggest against the Karbonn quality. Their build quality is very shoddy and over time, it becomes quite a bother to use the device. I would suggest waiting for Nexus 7, it is due to launch in November and should cost about 10,000 to 12,500.