Have you had good or bad experiences with 24/7 Techies?

John Clift September 17, 2012

Has anybody out there had a negative reaction to 24/7 Techies, especially trying to contact somebody in accounts or a position of authority concerning price of there services?

I have dealt with tech support,with mixed success, after taking control of my laptop to do a simple diagnostic. I was instructed that my computer had been hacked and to fix the error i had to pay AU$115. After paying I found out by going through my old banking reciepts that I had already paid up to October2013!

I am the first to admit that I am not tech savvy – that is why I used Techies 24/7 in first place, but to try and talk to someone in accounts has been less then satisfactory. I would appreciate any help from anyone who has been in the same predicament, or who can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks, John.

1. RITIKA

WANTS YOU TO CLEAR MY SOME DOUTS

2. Naomi Isaacs

I just had a horrible experience with them. I called to tell them of my outlook problems, they guaranteed it could be fixed easily. they took over my computer, then absolutely nothing had been fixed. In fact i sent them questions for over two hours on Bombar, and it seems like the guy either passed out, died, or was working on someone else's computer problem. I called my bank because they basically took my money and I never heard from them again.

3. GrrGrrr

I would suggest you better take the laptop to a local repair shop, or get a maintenance contract with them - if you are not sure on the online support.

Also it depends from which 24/7 online support you are trying to get help. Make sure you are present in front of your laptop while they do the checks.

I can think of two options:

(1) The support guy simply doesn't know about running contracts and therefor states any occurring fees just in case.
    (2) For one reason or another this type of issue is not covered by the contract.

I can give a drastic example from a private phone exchange we had some time ago. Basically all issues were covered by the contract be it one hour or several days to fix it. All "changes" that is what we wanted to have different was charged – even simple things like changing the name on the phones display was charged as a half-hour of full price technician support.

Maybe there is a simple clause in the contract that excludes issues caused by malware or system intrusion.

Whenever you face such a kind of trouble,then keep calling them(if they don't charge you even for just simply calling them) until they listen to you.If they ask you to call after 2-3 days,then call them after same amount of time.Ask them to transfer your call to accounts department.When something is related to money,a customer struggles everywhere.

If they keep postponing your request,then head over to consumer court and lodge your complaint.