What is a good app for the Mac that supports scanning and organizing docs?

Andrew Levy September 28, 2011

I’m trying to go to a paperless office, but it seems as though there are too many choices out there when it comes to scanner apps. Ideally, it would integrate OCR or provide a way to use Google Docs OCR and provide cloud storage.

1. Duluderm

I have iMac. It does not support my 1 year old HP 8500 A909a to scan picture to   text I can edit. HP says buy another printer. Apple says HP issue.
    Any freeware or method.

If your scanner is Mac compatible it also comes with an application which should cover all your scanning and OCR needs. If it's not on the CD(s) you should find it on the manufacturers homepage.

Other then that I can't give you any hands on experience. I usually scan to PDF and use Acrobat Pro for OCR. For a home office this would be a rather expensive choice considering that the Acrobat OCR engine isn't any better or worse then other choices.