Is your GMail user name your email?

sinister-goldfish August 3, 2011

I can’t get into my email because it keeps telling me I have to log in, which I never had to do before. Is my GMail user name my email?

1. Oron

Yes, your email address is your user name, but there are two specific things to note:
    1. As Arvinder points out, entering is optional.
    2. In your email address, full stops (periods) are ignored (i.e. it does not matter how many or how few you put in), but for logon purposes, you must type your address as you created it.
    Google provides help online for GMail, so if you have further difficulties, it may be best to look there.

2. Zenaida

I'm having problems to receive and send mail. With my username . I don't know what to do can some one help me please ?

3. Carmenlionnet

how do you sign in with your user name

4. Arvinder khosla

Yes, your user name is your emailAddress. Entering is optional while logging in though. Also, usernames are not case sensitive. So following user name while logging in are treated as same:

5. Sarene

your login ID is your full email address i.e. and the password you chose when you opened the acct.  it is also lower/upper case specific so make sure you type correctly.  in addition, I've noticed some logins don't accept cut and paste or roboform fill-ins anymore, you have to manually type it in yourself.  hope that helps...

• Sarene

I mean the password is case-specific.

Yes. If your gmail is your username is john.doe