Is your GMail user name your email?
Question by sinister-goldfish /

I can’t get into my email because it keeps telling me I have to log in, which I never had to do before. Is my GMail user name my email?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Best Music Services
Best Music Services

• Oron

Yes, your email address is your user name, but there are two specific things to note:
    1. As Arvinder points out, entering @gmail.com is optional.
    2. In your email address, full stops (periods) are ignored (i.e. it does not matter how many or how few you put in), but for logon purposes, you must type your address as you created it.
    Google provides help online for GMail, so if you have further difficulties, it may be best to look there.

• Zenaida

I’m having problems to receive and send mail. With my username . I don’t know what to do can some one help me please ?

• Carmenlionnet

how do you sign in with your user name

• Arvinder khosla

Yes, your user name is your emailAddress. Entering @gmail.com is optional while logging in though. Also, usernames are not case sensitive. So following user name while logging in are treated as same:
    abcd@gmail.com
    abcd-ABcd@gmail.com

• Sarene

your login ID is your full email address i.e. johndoe@gmail.com and the password you chose when you opened the acct.  it is also lower/upper case specific so make sure you type correctly.  in addition, I’ve noticed some logins don’t accept cut and paste or roboform fill-ins anymore, you have to manually type it in yourself.  hope that helps…

• Jeffery Fabish

Yes. If your gmail is john.doe@gmail.com your username is john.doe