What glasses do I need to watch 3D movies on my HP laptop?
Question by Ravikumar v /

I have an HP laptop that has Intel HD graphics and I want to know if I can watch 3D movies on it. If so, what kind of glasses do I need?

• Dinesh Pawar

if ur laptop supports watching 3D movies den it wont be a problm u wil jst hav 2 enable holographic 3D nd u can watch d movie bt again i m tellin u it depends on ur laptop

• Alexis Akridge

Unless your laptop has the abililty to watch 3D, you might be out of luck. Check and see if yours has “Holographic 3D”. If it does, then you may just need help in figuring out how to enable the 3D. Unfortunately, this feature is very new, so I’m betting that you probably don’t have it.

• Marco

The 3D screens you see at the theater (called RealD 3D here) uses a special technique called polarization, which is not available on most computer screens. However, you can get stereoscopic glasses (the ones with the red and blue lenses) and watch stereoscopic movies.

• Ahmed Khalil

HP company shall provide this information in the labtop guide or manual or even on their web site and usually this glass will be provided for its distributers

• HLJonnalagadda

And for 3D to work, the monitor should be refreshing at 120Hz. Now, as you have mentioned that the video card that is an Intel HD one, I do not think it would be able to run 3D. In fact, the only model in the brand that seems to run 3D is the Envy series.

• Achraf52

Yes I agree that their Laptop is not an 3D one, but they can still enjoy Red/Cyan based 3D on Youtube video website .

• Harish Jonnalagadda

I’ve found those to be quite dreary to use! Cannot seem to find one with a decent build quality.

• Erlis Dhima

I have seen a million times this question, I think…
    Check your laptop guide dammit!
    Anyway, first of all you need to know if there is the option of watching 3D movies. (hardware & software compatibility..)
    Since you have an HD graphics, lets suppose you can watch 3D movies!
    Try to use a software like: Cyberlink Power DVD..
    And when you open a movie, there is a small 3D button.. If you can active it, you can watch 3D movies!
    Most of the laptops who support 3D, have a ‘Holographic 3D’ option.. Also, a blu-ray reader!

Anyway, try power dvd, and see if it works!
    Than, about the glasses, I don’t think there is a big problem.. Go and buy one in a store.. The important thing is if there is the possibility to watch 3D movies!