How can I use Gimp to format my art photos?

janny May 28, 2010

I am required to use this format, but I don’t get how to do it. Ideally, I just load a batch of my photos into something and have them go to this requirement, so I can submit my images for my public art proposals:

Dimensions: 1920 x 1920 pixels.
File Format: Save all images as BASELINE Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
File Size: JPEGs must be under 1.8 MB.
Color space: Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB.

An easier alternative is BIMP (Batch IMage Processor - http://cerebralsynergy.com/download.php?view.52), which is specifically built to do this kind of things.

2. Steve Campbell

After opening an image in GIMP, simply go to the Image tab and select Scale Image. There you can type in the dimensions you need your image to be.

After that, just go to the File tab and hit Save As. You can then select the file extension and various attributes you need to save your picture in. Once you select JPEG and hit save, a box will appear with a sliding bar. Since your picture needs to be under a certain file size, merely slide this bar to about 90-95% and the image size should be reduced.

If it is still too big of a file, just go in again and save it with a lower percent.