Why am I getting two copies of every email in my inbox?

Anonymous June 25, 2014

This is my first experience with MakeUseOf.  I accidentally stumbled across it just today.

I have several questions – here is just the 1st one.

I use WLM (Windows Live Mail) exclusively for my email.
Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3522.0110)

Today – and occasionally in the past – every email message comes in to my inbox twice.  Why?

My System is:
BioStar TA75A+ & AMD A6-3670 GPU & 32GB DDR3
Win7-Pro-64bit – Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim A.

I would suggest to log into your email accounts webmail e.g. outlook.com or whichever email service you are using. If there are duplicates in your webmail than it's not a client side problem.

Either you have e.g. a POP connector setup that receives emails from another or maybe even the same account resulting in duplicates or those emails are simply send to you twice e.g. to a main email address and an alias.

CHeck Susendeep suggestion, also how many account do you have on WLM
    Under the inbox is a folder named Gmail, when you expand this folder shows "all mail". Live mail when showing "unread emails" displays the inbox and the "all mail" folder at the same time. Right click All Mail and click "Hide this folder"

Untick the option "Leave a copy of messages on server". To do so,right click on account name,click on properties and go to advanced tab.