Why am I getting an error while installing Office 365 on my Mac?

May 8, 2014

I have an existing Office 365 which suddenly refuses to activate – error code ox80072f17. What can I do? And what is the best way of avoiding having to use Office 365 for all my documents kept on the iMac?

Please can you help?

Hovsep already advised you on the installation problem. As for alternatives, there are plenty, but it depends exactly what you're after.
    If you're just after a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation package which can read & write the MS formats, either Kingsoft Office or Neo Office/Libre Office/Open Office will do. If you just need a word processor, Apple's Pages is quite nice, or you could check out Google Docs (you'll need a GMail account to use it).
    On the other hand, if you need to use the collaboration facilities in Office 365 or 100% compatibility with its documents (for example, if you are part of an editing workflow that involves other people using MS Office products and you work on complex documents), then you'll have to use the Microsoft package.

• Critch

Thank you - I am up and running again.

thanks for your feedback, glad that your problem was fixed:), if you would like to close the thread as solved then from your makeuseof account pick the best answer.