Why am I getting a black display with my new graphics card?

Osama J March 20, 2014

I am using a gaming PC with an Intel Core – i3-2100 processor, Intel DH61WW motherboard and 8GB RAM. I was using a Gigabyte nVidia GT430 DDR3 2GB graphcis card for 2 years on my PC without any issues.

Recently I sold that graphics card and replaced it with Gigabyte HD7770 1GB GDDR5. After I plugged in the new card in my PC and turned my PC ON , it was not showing any display on monitor (although all components of the CPU were correctly plugged and turned ON , even the graphics card’s fan also started spinning which means it was ON) . I tried a lot but was unable to get anything up on monitor. I disconnected every component and rechecked all cords and connections and again turned ON the PC but no avail. So I claimed the warranty and they just replaced the card with a new one. The new card presented the same problem so I instantly went to their shop and demanded to check it. They plugged it in their PC and showed me that it was running and showing display on the monitor. I have no option but to take the card back home. Then I borrowed an LCD from my friend (thinking of it as a monitor issue , but again it was not showing anything on that LCD too. Now I am really fed up. The card is fine and the monitor is fine but I can’t get anything up on the screen. My power supply and motherboard can support this card because few weeks back I tested my friend’s Gigabyte HD7770 on my PC and it was running and I played games on that. Now I have no idea where the problem lies. Please tell me what to do now ?