How do I get Skype to make a video call?

January 15, 2014

I’ve tried repeatedly to make a Skype to Skype video call. It never connects. What should I check?

2. Bely B

First of all, you have to download the latest version of Skype from here:
    http://www.skype.com/ar/download-skype/
    *chose you operating system and download Skype
    then register (Creat account ) *fill you information (Name,E-mail......)
    and search for users to make call with them .....
    that's all.

For your own webcam:
    Make sure your webcam is recognized within Options > Video Settings. If your camera isn't detected you will have to check your drivers etc.
    To place a video call select a contact in your list and click on the green "video call" button.
    If you are already in a call you can click the blue camera symbol enable/disable your camera.

For other peoples webcam:
    Generally you can enable or disable who you want to automatically receive video from within Options > Video Settings (anyone, contact list, no one). Most importantly for the incoming video is that the other side has a webcam and has enabled video for your call.
    I believe you can/could enable or disable the incoming video during a call but I haven't had a video call in a long time.

Video calls need at least 128kbit to receive video and 300kbit upload to send.
    Skype requires at least TCP port 80 and 443 for outgoing connections and either the random port set during the installation or alternatively TCP port 80 + 443 for incoming connections, whichever is possible in your network (see Skype Options > Advanced > Connection).

• kihara

This is definitely an issue with your webcam and/or video settings