How to get Silverlight working on Windows 8 Enterprise edition?

Anonymous August 22, 2014

I have several Microsoft certifications and I have worked as a computer repair person in the past.

I say this because I have tried and searched and read articles about how to get Microsoft Silverlight to work on my Windows 8 machine so I can watch Netflix. All to to no avail.

My Windows version is 8, 64-bit, and it’s an Enterprise edition that is not upgradeable to 8.1.

Goal: How to get Silverlight installed and working?

Is your browser running in Metro mode? Because Metro does not allow plug-ins of any sort, it is purely HTML5 and supported media.

Silverlight should work fine when the browser is running in desktop mode.

You probably have done so already but make sure you have all the latest updates from Microsoft installed too.

• Jan F

I forgot, since you are using Firefox check the plug-ins tab in the Add-on manager. Make sure Silverlight is set to always active.

• Dav A

Wow...Thanks. I tried that link a dozen times before, but the link you gave me worked perfectly. Thanks a million
      Dav

Thanks for your feedback, if you would like to close the thread as solved select the best answer from your makeuseof account.