How do I get SeaMonkey 2.3 to render websites in Windows 7?

John Desmond February 26, 2015

I’m downloading my Email with SeaMonkey 2.30 under Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1) on a Toshiba Satellite L455 laptop with 4G of memory.

When I load a new web page — either by clicking hyperlink or bookmark or typing in its URL or when I switch from one tab to another — only the ‘top screen’ of the page can be read, and I have to click the ‘reload’ button to be able to scroll down and read the rest of the page “below the fold”.

This is annoying, and makes SeaMonkey a much less useful program.

This seems to be a change with recent updates — this was not a problem until three months or so ago.

This ‘freezup’ also happens when I put the computer into ‘sleep mode’ — upon reawakening, the web pages loaded by SeaMonkey are again frozen and need to be ‘reloaded’.

As I must work while commuting or in places without fast or reliable ‘net connections or WiFi, this is much more than just annoying.

How can I correct this problem ?

Thanks for your help with this.

1. Jan F.

First, backup up profile so no data will be lost during troubleshooting. The following link will tell you how to find your profile data:
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/profiles

Next, update to the latest version of SeaMonkey (2.32.1 as of writing) as it may just be something that was fixed or will fix it self with the current version.

You should also try starting SeaMonkey in safe-mode which will disable all sorts of extensions. Right-click the shortcut, select properties and add "-safe-mode" to the target making it "...seamonkey.exe -safe-mode". Try again.

Other things that might fix general browsing issues:
    - clear the browser and offline cache
    - try a new profile