How do I get a replica Samsung Galaxy S3 fully functional in India?

July 6, 2014

My friend has bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 replica, read: fake. I want to make it work in India.

• Model number: GT-I9300
  • Android version: 4.0.4
  • Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.43|sc6820_modem|11-02-2012 17:53:08
  • Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 se.infra@SEP-102 #3
  • Software version: IMM76D.I9300ZSALG3
  • Hardware version: 1.1.0

He wants to use it in India, but unfortunately, most of the functions are not working properly except incoming and outgoing calls. Camera photos are not recognized by any software as they are in some .cu format. Please help in making the phone usable as an Android device.

As of now it can be used only as a basic phone whose contact list gets erased on its own once in a while. Thanks a lot.

1. Alan W

Your last sentance is spot on Rajaa! To sum it up There is no such thing as a free lunch. Buy cheap and get cheap. Pay a little more and get decent.

• Milind

Thanks for your advise. But it does not solve any problem. I take it that you suggest there is no solution with your level of expertise. Thanks

You are out of luck. These replicas are having internal from a Chinese company known as Spreadtrum, and there is no jailbreak software available on the internet for them. Believe me on this, I have wasted ample time on this for one of my friends last year, which is basically a brick now. You get what you pay for. I guess he spent around the equivalent of INR 6000 in Bangkok. For that money, a person could have bought a Moto E in India, which is a pretty good android phone with the latest kitkat version. People need to be a bit more aware than to buy these shit devices.