How do I get my HP Pavilion 2700 to properly mirror its display?

Sam S March 9, 2014

I have a HP Pavilion 2700 notebook and I have a external monitor hooked up to it. Unfortunately, now my laptop monitor only comes on once in a while.

When it is not on the system it doesn’t recognize it at times. I have tried several times going in to the display settings and resetting them but then when I turn off the computer it does not acknowledge the settings I set up.

This is very frustrating! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or has had this happen to them? I would love to get it resolved I have Windows Vista on the laptop.

Thanks for your help!

I think that the problem lies in the Vista OS itself as many users have posted such questions.Microsoft has also knowledgebase for this.You can find solution for your issue in the below MUO question -

Why doesn’t Vista retain my laptop display settings?

Also,try the suggestion provided by the forum user -

trashmonkey -

I just fixed this for my machine. If you're like me, you probably rotate displays alot when your laptop is undocked. I figured it out when I disabled TMM like this and other threads have suggested. And something else I noticed is that this is primarily happening on Dell laptops. Soo....hit the Fn+F8 key or whatever function key rotates your display. Make your external monitor or laptop monitor or whatever display you want as the primary. In my case it is my external. Then go into the Windows display settings or the Nvidia display settings (this is the one I did). Your display of choice should be showing as #1. Set the other monitor as the external and voila, you should have your display settings retained.