How do I get into a FaceBook account when a new account using the same name and e-mail address has been set up in its place?

January 12, 2014

My husband couldn’t get into facebook using his password so asked for a new one to be sent. This however opened a new account with the same name and e-mail address which I have deactivated. His original account is still there but if he tries to log in using his e-mail address the new account is re-activated. The original account is still active – I sent a friend request an he got an e-mail but when he signed in to confirm it he got to the new account. I have reported this to Facebook but they haven’t replied. Can anyone help?

1. Suryaprakash M

you can use security questions,mobile phone,or friends photo choose option

facebook can take time to reply

In general Facebook doesn't allow re-using an email address already associated with an account. If that really happened here Facebook support are the only one who can help you with that.

If the old account is still active I would assume another email address is associated with it and instead of "requesting a new password" your husband may have actually created a new account.

• Kay Chandler

I deleted my facbookand can't get back on with the same email