How do I get DLNA working on my Windows laptop?

Raj5151.111 July 11, 2014

I con’t connect DLNA in my laptop to work. Can someone help explain how to properly get DLNA to connect?

Are you trying to stream content to other networked devices? If you are using Windows 7 Home Premium or higher, you would need either Windows Media Player/Windows Media Center enabled or open the Networking and Sharing Center to enable the functions you want. After opening the Network and Sharing Center, select the "Choose homegroup and sharing options" link. Click the checkboxes of the libraries and/or printers that you wish to share. Then, click on the "Stream my pictures, music, and videos to all devices on my home network" checkbox if allowed. If not, click on the "Choose media streaming options..." link. click on "Turn on media streaming". Go through and select the options you want as well as name the media library as you wish. When finished selecting the options, click "OK". You should now be able to stream media files and documents to other devices.

If you are using another operating system than Windows 7, please let us know. Windows Vista should be similar with options, but Windows 8+ and XP would be different. Windows 8 and 8.1, you need to open the Network and Sharing Center, click on "Change advanced sharing settings", then scroll down to "All Networks. Click on the arrow to expand the options, scroll down to "Media Streaming" and click on the "Choose media streaming options..." link. Follow the steps for Windows 7 and you should be able to stream media files to other networked devices.

also which version of windows you have

How to setup a DLNA server using Windows Media Player
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/12/media-streaming-with-windows-7.aspx

What Windows version are you using?
    What DLNA server and client are you using?
    What devices are you trying to connect via DLNA (e.g. laptop and TV)?