How do I get my “admin” account back in Windows 7 Ultimate?

Mcifizzari June 28, 2014

I tried all suggestions to get the “admin” account back in Windows 7 Ultimate edition. My system will not let me access it anymore. I cannot even reload using a CD/DVD.

Any suggestions?

1. Mcifizzari

Thanks for the advice . Will give it a try. I am working with the built in account. Everything I have tried so far has resulted in a request for the password. Tried several passwords, even went into the F2/F8 section to retrieve the password for supervisor, still did not work. CD drive is down, will not allow changes without password. The account setup at start was deleted. There is still a Guest account and Group account in Computer Management.

• Bruce E

Okay, so are your password issues with Windows or BIOS? The F2/F8 comment seems to indicate you are looking for a BIOS password, not Windows.

Can you create a bootable USB drive and boot a recovery environment from there instead of using an optical drive?

You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

If you want to enable the built- in admin account,then follow the blow article -

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or Vista

"I cannot even reload using a CD/DVD." Why not? Any passwords on the machine are ireelevant when you boot from different media. So does it give you some kind of error message when trying to boot from your optical drive?

Which "admin" account are you having problems with - the built-in Administrator account or the account that was created during the initial setup? Do you have any other accounts on the system? Have you tried a recovery disc? It could either be the one you can create in Windows or a downloadable on such as Hiren's Boot CD. Using those recovery discs, you have options to reset Winodws passwords.