How do I get 64-bit Windows to work with a USB speaker?

Morné V May 15, 2014

My USB speaker is picked up by my 32-bit windows, but not 64-bit windows.

How can I get my 64-bit Windows to detect USB speakers as an audio device?

I tried going to Control Panel -> Hardware and sound -> Add Device, but no luck.

Morné, what others have said is all valid, but I've never seen a USB loudspeaker that needed a separate driver (in my experience they all use the generic built in one). What make & model are your speakers, and what version of Windows are you running (7, 8, 8.1?).

Tips for solving problems with USB devices
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Un-install to remove them one at a time.
    4. Restart the computer so that windows install the USB controller drivers.
    5. Plug in your USB speaker.

In the question, he has mentioned that it is working in 32 bit, so logically not a USB controller issue, seems more like a 64 bit driver not finding issue.

correct that's why i mentioned the first link, but it is not clear if it is on the same computer or different one. Also USB speaker manufacturer is not mentioned, if it is driver problem then the manufacturer should supply the correct driver.

Does it atleast detects the new hardware when you connect via the USB. If it does, then probably you need to install the appropriate 64 bit driver for the USB speaker make for the appropriate Windows OS you have installed, to sense your speaker and make it work. If the speaker, did not come with the 64 bit driver, check the manufacturer's website for the same.