How can I generate more views to items I’m selling on eBay?

sonny September 2, 2011

My significant other and me have recently started a buy/resell business utilizing a source we know about that auctions off great items at really great prices and reselling on eBay and Etsy. (Thanks btw we actually learned about this source via a MakeUseOf article!) After only a 200 investment we made 800 the first month and a little better the next 2 months.

My question though is how can we, without opening an actual eBay store yet, generate more views to our items? We are beginning to utilize Facebook some, but are looking for knee ways.

Thank you guys for the way you spread information so openly! Wish more would follow your example!

1. sonny

thanks, things are going good so far then, we've earned our first star and are up to 19 good reviews. i was somehow not aware of these articles that jeffery linked to and am about to read up! thanks again for all the info and i will keep checking back as we are more than open to this great advice.

My significant other and I!!! (:

You're on the right track, Sonny. The best advertising technique is by word of mouth. From my experience (as a consumer) on eBay, I usually buy from the person with the best reviews. I know it's biased and not really fair, but it's an easy thing to do. So you should try to sell a few smaller items (buy them if you have to, resell for cheap) so you can get some positive feedback. Request that your users give feedback.

Attracting More Traffic to Your Ebay Listing
    (eBay Guide)
    How Can I get More Traffic to my eBay Listings? (Article) 
    FREE eBay Tips (Indepth)

I seocnd that. I had been selling on eBya for about two years and feedback is extremely curcial.
      The fastest way to gather some feedback would be to buy a bunch of cheaper items as well as couple of priceyy ones over the course of 1-2 months.

Aibek