Are there any general methods for recovering forgotten passwords?

Fidel Bernard November 12, 2011

I’m getting old and I sometimes forget passwords for different sites and programs. Do you have programs to help recover my passwords?

1. yoosaf

hi sir
    please help for me . how can recover for my facebook old pasword

2. Oron

For a set of free password recovery tools (but not for MS Office documents or FB, as far as I can see, see http://www.nirsoft.net/password_recovery_tools.html)

3. Peterjames

I lost my facebook password recently,do not hesistate to help me recorver it. Please,thanks

4. carroll

How can i recover my nokia 5130 security code?

5. Douglas Pease

To help retrieve existing passwords, your browser may hold many secrets. Look for personal settings / saved passwords in your browser preferences. 

Mac OS X offers Keychain Access, which can store a variety of information about your wireless access points, web logins, and app specific passwords.

For advanced users, sniffing the network can usually uncover unencrypted passwords to email servers, websites, and ftp accounts.

password recovery is generally done by receiving password reset link/code or password in your email inbox.
    so just try to register all the sites with the same email.
    but choose a different email for very sensitive communication like legal or financial process, so you will not lose everything  if your master email gets hacked.
    now you will have to just receive the links on your email for any of your sites.
    you can change the email of existing registrations also.

or use lastpass as jeff said, or just write them down on a paper and keep it in a safe place, and do not forget the password of lastpass or where you kept the page :)

Hi Fidel,

Although it won't recover your passwords, I use LastPass. You can read more about it on their site, but basically it allows you to save your passwords to a "vault". Then when you log into LastPass, it will fill out your logins for you. 

For what program are you trying to recover your password from?

- Jeff