What can you say about G-Data Antivirus 2010?

Tom July 4, 2010

Based on antivirus comparatives latest reports, G-Data Antivirus 2010 had some of the highest detection rates. However, I do not know much else about the product other than it is a German based vendor.

For anyone who has experience with this antivirus software, could you make any recommendations? It would be much appreciated.

1. Lstn2sublime

Anyone complaining about heavy CPU usage doesn't know the product well enough. The virus scanner's CPU usage is defaulted to high. There is an option where you can change that in the program itself. It also uses two virus engines at once, that can also be adjusted to improve PC performance. Really though, if you're computer is having a tough time running it you might want to upgrade.

I haven't had to contact support and I don't use Outlook so I cant comment on that.

I feel it to be the one of the best anti virus options available to the public. It's detection is great and the UI is simple and clean.

2. Ryan Dube

PC world rates it pretty highly - but apparently the 11 users don't. May be worth your while to check out the user reviews at the link Aibek provided before making a decision?

• 123

thanks for the link Aibek!