What is the best gaming laptop?

Damien McGhee November 11, 2011

I am looking to buy a gaming laptop but I’m not sure which one to get. I’m looking at ASUS laptops right now, however, I am having trouble finding one with the specs I want. I want dual hard drives, at least a 2.2 GHz Core i7 2-gen processor, a graphics card with at least 2GB of RAM, and a 450 Mbps network card. As you can see, I want a powerhouse that can run the newest games as well as Photoshop and other demanding software. What is the best laptop between $1500-$2000 that fits these requirements? Thanks! PS. I LOVE MAKEUSEOF!!!

1. Shasti

I think that a good gaming laptop is something that is has to be chose carfuly! Look at those: http://www.squidoo.com/laptops-for-best-gaming-experience there are some good once there thar may be a good choice of a strong gaming laptop

2. shiwam kumar

i thought acer aspire 5749 or dell r15

3. Smayonak

I'm fond of the G74 series from Asus. It has all the usual components that high end systems have, such as Core i7 Quad, 8+ Gigs of RAM, large screen and a higher end video card at a very reasonable price.

However, that's not why I like it. What's great about the G74/73 is its heat dissipation system and interior layout. It's one of the easiest computers to work on. The major components are all accessible from underneath.

There's also a great price on a recert from the Egg going on right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230174&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Notebooks-_-ASUS-_-34230174

4. That Guy

A Macbook Pro.

• Jeff Fabish

Please stop trolling.

You can make your own laptop with your desired specifications
    http://www.pugetsystems.com/configmenu.php

I personally like the MSI G(aming) series. The ASUS ROG notebooks are not to bad either.

WE LOVE YOU! 

When it comes to gaming laptops, Alienware takes the cake. No contest. For $2,000, you can get a top of the line gaming system. The Dell XPS series is also fitting. Both Dell and Alienware allow you to customize the specs of your system on their websites.

- Jeff

• Rave-On

I bought a barebones (stripped Alienware area51 -mfg. in 2004) yrs ago and it's still faster and more responsive than most newer laptops in all but the higher $ stores.  for $350 I still really like it, but found that Alienware is absolutely exclusive about drivers or particular programs for it, but it's been a learning experience- a lot of fun when I use it.  Never heard of them before then, and now I'd love to have a newer one//.

• Jeff Fabish

The programs you can use are dictated by the operating system and processor your using (for the most part), not the manufacturer of the computer. The drivers are also available by the manufacturer of the hardware (Intel, Nvidia/AMD, Dell, Creative, etc.). You can use Device Doctor or Slim Drivers to update your drivers as well.

I'm currently on my Dell XPS Studio 540, which is an incredibly powerful system. A lot of people "hate dell", they say it ships with a bad selection in hardware - but that would nobodies fault but their own as Dell allows you to chose the hardware that goes into it (with the best options). Not one problem with the system's hardware to date and it's about four or five years old.