Why does my Galaxy tab not turn on?

DerpDerphina Min August 12, 2012

I can’t turn on my Galaxy tab. Why? I was charging and playing at the same time and it suddenly just turned off and I can’t turn it on again. Even I was pressing the ON/OFF button for 20 seconds. It is still not on.

1. t man

It worked thanks a lot!

2. Kristen

I have the same problem: my galaxy shut off during game play. I had it plugged into my pc (for the first time) to charge (usually use the wall charger).

I have tried all configurations I can find on a few threads -
    hold power and plug into pc
    hold power, touch screen plug into pc
    hold power & vol down release vol down then power

My results:
    Every 6 seconds the charging symbol appears for a few seconds and disappears again. Nothing else happens.

• annon

I have same problem

• Maureen Corbin

I have the same problem, Kristen. All I get is the stupid battery symbol that flashes on once every few seconds. Did you get an answer. Maybe it's the power cord?

3. Mujer

I having the same problem the tablet doesn't turn on and it not charging, I try the power and volume and doesn't work, when i plug to the pc it makes a charging sound on and off but it would not turn on. help please

4. Deasy

Thank you very much, that 'press the power button together with touching the screen' is really working for me. Freaks me out a while when it was kept off

5. rizzal

Yess..it works..u save my day..TQVM

6. Olie Preen

omg!! i love you it worked...

7. Mohd Khalid Mohd Noh

I tried press and hold the power button for 20 second and it works on my P6800. I got this tip from xda developer. Others have called this method 'crazy'. Wait till they see your method (ha14). :)

For me it doesn't matter as long as any method works, it's fine by me :). Most important thing is we share it with other. Cheers!

8. brandy

it worked for me too thank you soo much i thought it was really broke.

9. EatMyDirt

Works :D. The key is while your holding the power button, pretend the unlock circle is there, and unlock it. Worked 4 me :D

10. RendyLim

i love you!
    it work :DDD

11. Ada

Thank you so much it worked for me.

12. Prince

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab GT P1000....all of a sudden its disconnected from my pc and the process stop. After that it never turn on...not even went to recovery mode.....What can i do now....i search a lot and didnt work out anything...

what i am understating from the scenario that is.....my android 2.1 is flashed and formatted. No OS is there not even any recovery thing is there...and now i cant boot....could you please help>....????

13. carls

it works thank you so much!!!!

14. Eena

Yeay, it worked. Pressing the on/ off key while touching the screen for about a few seconds, and the tab is now on. Thank you for the tip!

15. Cathy

Thanks for the help. Holding the on/off key and touching the screen about 10 sec worked. I love my tablet and was very upset. Thanks again.

16. randy mancao

WOW! It worked for me... perfect...

I just bought my galaxy tab 1 week ago... I thought it is broken

I love you

17. Nikhil Chandak

is ur phone charged ..??
    or ask an mobile engineer ..

18. Heath

the remedy works! thanx a ton...thought i was gonna have to get a new 1

19. Heather

This worked for me too! Thank you!!!!

20. Niko Meikle

Yay!!! It worked!!! You rock!!

21. Matt

I had the same problem at work today. I didn't have my charger with me, so I tried ha14's method without plugging into a pc. Holding the power button while touching the screen worked for me.

22. linda

there´s a yellow triangle when i try to charge my samsung tab 2 tablet. can i continue charging and why won´t it turn on

23. Akash

My Samsung tab is not getting on and when i tray to connect to charger its show one Labtop and mobile picture

Basically, the Samsung Galaxy Tab suffers from a glitch that can cause the screen to freeze while the device appears shut off. It should still be running, although the screen is not turned on. This problem is easily remedied by turning the device entirely off by running its battery down. Unfortunately because Samsung chose to make the battery difficult to access, it's not feasible to pull the battery every time the screen goes out. But in case you want to give that a try, check this thread at XDA out. They have step-by-step instructions for resetting the battery.

I believe the Samsung Galaxy Tab can run for about a week, in suspend mode, before the battery discharges.

However, has ha14 suggested, there is also the very effective option of connecting the Tab to the PC and holding the power button. You can read more about that method in this thread at XDA.

Connect the power cable to pc and press and hold the power button whilst at the same time touching the screen for 30 sec

• emil azizan

Ha14...it works...thanks alot...i luvvvvvv youuuuu....hahahahaha...

• ju-ann

it works to me as well..thank you so much...

• MONICA

wOW!!! IT WORKED FOR ME TOO!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• starsun

thank u very much... u r awsm

• VISION

It doesn't work just the battery logo and then it will shut down then the logo of galaxy tab will appear but not going to turn on

• vixendeity

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm, on the very first try. The key really is to touch the screen, because I've tried holding the power button while I'm connecting the tab to my laptop but to no avail.

(Galaxy Note tablet)

• Hollie

wow it worked thanks

• Annie

TOTALLY WORKED! THANK YOU! I was really freaking out for a little bit!!!!

• Vikkee

all thanks to Ha14,,ur suggestion worked 4 me...

• alice00

omg!!! thanxx alot it worked

• Jirola9