Why does my Galaxy Tab not power on even if I hold the power key for 10-15 seconds?
Question by aSem /

I traveled to another city and left my Galaxy Tab for almost three weeks. After I came back I tried to open it up, but nothing happens. I held the power button for 10-15 seconds (Tina’s method – I found the same question here), but that didn’t work for me either.

So, right now I put it on charge. I’ll try to power it
on again later, but any ideas about the issue? What could be the problem?

• Luis

Okay, So my tab turned off and I’ve finally gotten it to turn on but it stays at the screen where the battery icon is showing and shows the loading symbol on it but Ive had it plugged in for about 2 hours and Nothing, when I try to turn it on it cuts off and than I gotta wait all over again to turn it on.

• Nik

i was just using my tablet, when it turned off..it usually does this..Because my tablet wont tell me when the Battery is low or high its just shows the battery full..But today it turned off and it wont charge..Its cold so i scared its not charging.

Nik,

Could it be a problem with the charger? Maybe the cable is damaged and hence it’s not charging. See if you can get another charger to try.

• Bie Laurance

I have the same problem too. My tablet turned itself off for about 8 hours ago. Now i have charge it for 4 hours but still can’t turn it on. I wondering whether my tablet is charging or not because it did not get warm as usual.

If you’re lucky it’s just a faulty charger. If not, the battery is broken. Either way, both can be repaired, but getting a new charger is definitely easier.

Did you leave the tablet turned on before you left on the trip? The Samsung tablet holds for about two days, even with the screen turned off. So if you left it on, the battery probably ran low and the tablet turned itself off. Possible that it experienced a deep discharge.

Your only hope is to charge it for a few hours and then try to turn it on again. Hold the power button for more than 15 seconds.

If that doesn’t work, I’m afraid all you can do is have it sent in for a repair, maybe they can replace the battery or whatever else the problem is.

• Bie Laurance

I have the same problem too. My tablet turned itself off for about eight hours ago. Now i have charge it for four hours but still can’t turn it on. I wondering whether my tablet is charging or not because it did not get warm as usual.

• Mika

I had my tablet ‘on’ but the battery started to slowly run out (as it would)! Then it just died, as I was plugging it in, it didnt seen to charge! I tried many ways of turning it on but none seem to work!
      Could the reason be that I was traveling out of the U.K.?