What is my Galaxy Pocket Neo not responding to touch and getsures?

Vishnuvijay.333 June 6, 2014

I use a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5312, which is just 5 months old. For the last 3-4 days, my touchscreen has not been responding properly.Whatever I do, it is not working as before. Sometimes, after a lot of swipes it may work but otherwise it is dead still. All the hardware keys are working perfectly. The main problem is while attending calls where there is no option other than touch for this purpose. I now have to use my headset to attend the calls. Please sort out this problem if anyone can.

Thanks in advance..

1. dhivaker

same problem for my phone also but i hav rooted my phone

Take it to the nearest Samsung Service center, as it is under warranty. Do not experiment too much with it, as it may void the warranty if you do something beyond company defined rules.

• Vishnuvijay.333

Thank you!! I have handed over my phone to the nearest service centre.
      Lucky that i hadn't rooted my phone till now.Otherwise the warranty would have expired..

you can try to install updates if available or hard reset the phone (do backup first)
    1) Turn the phone off
    2) pressing the power, volume-up and home keys at the same time.
    3) Release all three buttons as soon as the Samsung logo appears
    4) In recovery mode choose factory reset (Use the volume keys to select that option, then press home to select it)

else it can be broken digitizer or touch screen controller

• Vishnuvijay.333

Thank you for your response!
      I had tried everything you mentioned above.The phone will be okay for a few minutes after the reset but the problem still comes back. As there is no other way ,, I had handed over my phone to samsung service centre..