Why does my Galaxy Note 3 only display a dim screen?

Amitha.kate April 9, 2014

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 mobile doesn’t turn on. When I press the power button, a dim light appears on the screen, nothing else. When I plug my charger, it displays the charging icon, but doesn’t charge at all. Please can you enlighten me about this problem? Is my phone dead? What should I do?

If Hovsep's suggestion does not work, try removing the battery, and then press and hold the power button for around 30 seconds. If still not working, try again but hold the volume down and/or home button. If after the last suggestion you still have issues, then take it to the phone service provider and show them what is going on, and see if they can try a different battery in your phone. Also, try a 2.1 amp wall charger and a different USB charger/sync cable.

My Note 2 will not charge very quickly on anything less than 2 amps AND a charger cable that is less than 28/24 AWG like this one: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5458&seq=1&format=2. It used to not be this way, but over time and use of that cable, my phone winds up taking over 24 hours to charge the battery from 25% battery life if I use anything less. The same thing happened with my wife's Note 2 as well, though I do not have any explanation as to why this occurred.

Press and hold the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons until a recovery mode screen appears. Then select Reboot System Now