How can I gain access to a Facebook Fan Page after the employee who created it left?

Barbara Lemaire April 1, 2010

In my company a Fan Page was created by someone no longer with the company. I cannot get onto the page to update it. What can I do?

1. JadenTindle

I can't access a business page that I liked and it has tagged photos of me on it and my friends can see this when they go into my profile but I cannot and they can access this page but I cannot and when i find the link it directs me straight back to my home page. Also when I go onto my friends profiles who I know have been tagged with me in some of these photos i cannot see when i go onto their profiles so pretty much everything about this page is gone why is this?

2. Riordan Karen

I work in the Alumni Office of a small school and have created a Fan Page for the school's use. It was working beautifully, until one day when I logged in I was directed immediately to 'advertising' .... and I can't access the page anymore as the administrator. (from my personal page, I see that it is still there -) How can I get from this advertising page back to the fan page? Please help!

Riordan,

since the question you replied to is rather old you are unlikely to receive an answer. Besides, it appears to be a different problem.

Please post your own question. Thank you!

3. Riordan Karen

I can't access my fan page - after signing in it brings me directly to advertising. What should I do?

Riordan,

I recommend to post a new question as you will probably not receive an answer here.

Please provide a better description of your problem, though. Is this your own Facebook account? What kind of advertising is this? Do you see an error message? What have you tried to fix this so far?

Thanks for your answers. I appreciate the time you took to help me with my dilemma. Barbara

5. Taty

If thre are other admins you can contact them too, otherwise, yes, not looking good.

6. Steve Campbell

Barbara,

I'm afraid Mark is right. You can't access a page that was created by someone else on their account. The best thing you could do is start a new page and make that your company's "official" fan page and have the previous person remove theirs.

7. Mark O'Neill

The fan page is owned by the person who made it and it is up to them to invite other "admins" to update the page. I would strongly recommend trying to contact the person who made the page and ask them to invite you to the fan page as an admin (you need to be their Facebook friend first). Try looking for them on Facebook and send them a message (you don't need to be their Facebook friend to send them a message).

Once they invite you as an admin, I am fairly certain you can then remove them as an admin themselves.

If you can't find the person then you are out of luck. The person who created the page holds the keys.

• Marcella

Well, you could create another page. Create a Gmail account for your company, and then create a fan page, slightly altering the name. XYZ Company-Official Page. Make sure the new page url is accessible from your website, in your email signatures. Once you create it, you can invite or suggest the page to all the names that are on the old page.