Why do I not see the full content for some application windows, as if zoomed in?

Meena Bassem September 6, 2012

I’m not sure I can describe that problem, but it’s in the screenshot below

View post on imgur.com

I don’t know what’s the problem, but it works fine on Windows 7 on VirtualBox. The problem is quite the same for a few more apps and I don’t know why. I have checked some things, but the DPI is 100, so it’s not the problem. Any suggestion or ideas?

1. Meena Bassem

wow. don't know what just happened. but it seems like changing screen resolution and getting it back solved the problem. thanks guys :)

2. Amit Sinha

try changing your screen resolution

3. Meena Bassem

well, i'd try that but it didn't work.some apps won't let me grab the edge, others would be like....... there's a fixed distance between the part or button and the edge and that distance is messed up.it works fine on the same version of windows in virtuabox but not on this one.
    thanks for your answer but i wish there's another way to fix it

Scaling may be applied improperly. This sometimes happens with older apps that were written for the old CRT 4:3 screen ratio when they are dispalyed on a 16:9 screen. All you need to do is grab the edge of the window and stretch it so you can see the remainder of the content. Most apps will remember the window size the next time it is popped up (generally by storing it in the registry or in some cases an XML configuration file).