Why can I not see my full browser window on TV when connecting my MacBook through HDMI?
Question by Sherri Pryor /

When I connect my 2010 Macbook Pro to my Samsung LCD TV, I get the standard Mac solar system background, but I didn’t see my browser window on the TV. Then I noticed just the edge of it on the left side of my TV screen. If I drag the browser window to the far right on my computer screen, with just 1/4 inch left showing, I can almost get the whole browser window on the TV screen.

I saw an older post for a similar problem that said to go into System Preferences > Monitor and uncheck Mirror Images, but I can’t find that option under my display settings. I tried restarting the system, reconnecting the cables, and I’ve tried using Firefox. What am I missing? Any ideas?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.