Are you friends with yourself on Facebook?

vicki May 3, 2010

Tried to research this with no luck. I am on my own friends list on Facebook. I do not have 2 accounts. The reason I noticed this, I did see a status saying Facebook has been hacked, and if you are on your own friends list, delete yourself.

I do not fuel the warnings that circulate on Facebook from time to time. I did not post anything until I figured out what this actually is. As far as the hacking theory, I don’t believe that. I would like to know, however when and why this appeared. Probably something to do with Facebook and how they are changing things around.

1. Taty

Wow Vicky. Never even heard of that. Thanks or the education.

2. Steve Campbell

I didn't know this was even possible. The first thing that came to mind when I read your question was that it was some kind of Facebook virus. These things get caused a lot of different ways, most notably through installing sketchy applications and clicking on links through bizarre message chains.

3. vicki

I finally submitted this to Snopes. And I got my answer!

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/hackerdoor.asp

Vicki,

Thanks for sharing the link with us as well. It's the first time I have heard about this.