Could a friend hide their Facebook comments from me?

Nina Kabaš October 26, 2012

For some time now, I no longer see one of my friend’s activity in my news feed, and I know I didn’t hide him or something like that. Is it possible that he somehow hid his activity from me? Maybe he’s not been visiting FB lately, but his friends had been posting and sharing links on his wall, which I can see because the audience for them is set to ‘friends of friends’. I can still see posts on his wall from his other friends, but he isn’t commenting them for a while now. Is it possible that I can’t see his comments only? Please help :)

1. sathyamurthy

Yes. It is possible. While commenting they can specify to whom the comment or post is to be visible for

2. Cyra Calkhoven

Yes its possible to block content for friends.

3. Totoy Badiola

Status update, yes.
    Comments, no unless you have been blocked.

• Douglas Mutay

100% agreed!

4. Jeremiah Iliffe

It may be that he has blocked you

5. Brian Mok

Yes, it is possible. Maybe put you on a Restricted list or something.

6. Matty G Arroyo

yes they can .they do it by going to thier comment and clicking edit and it says who do you want to show it to .So they put Only me , OR makes a specific person see thier comment.

7. kumar raja

Yes it will be possible by changing setting Public to any other option in facebook

8. Marnie McCown

It is possible to hide content from selected viewers (FB friends. This is done by creating specific 'post privacy' settings. Try it for yourself to see how it works. Type in a status update, then place your cursor over the globe on the lower right of the Update Status window. When you hover your cursor over the globe it will read 'Post Privacy Setting: XXXXX' Mine is set to Public, but the options include Friends, Only Me or Custom. If you select Custom, you can choose to select certain people through Make Visible or avoid certain people through Hide From. I hope this helps!

• Rebel

Yeah but those choices are not available for COMMENTS - which is the issue here - only for your posts on your timeline...

It looks like if you want to stop a person from seeing your comments you add he/she to the "Restricted" list

Now, I don't know if he/she will be aware of that. If yes, it could be a little embarassing...

9. Justin Pot

It's possible, and we could talk about technical ways for you to find out. You might want to just ask him what's up, though. Just a thought.

10. Imesh Chandrasiri

it's possible that he can add you to a list of his friends. .

11. Dave Rimmer

Suggest you get in touch with him and ask him.

• Harish Jonnalagadda

That's an awesome solution!

12. Dino Pearsons

All the users on Facebook now can put their friends inside special lists, so when they post something, they can only allow a certain list to see it. Facebook even offers two predefined lists: friends and acquaintances.

It is possible that he made a list of friends (which you aren't on) and is now posting only for those friends on the list.

However, most Facebook users don't bother fiddling with those lists, so it's really possible he just isn't posting.

Douglas gave you good advice, just send him a message to check on him.

YES

14. Douglas Mutay

It might be possible that he's not just coming on fb. especially if you see post of his other friends in his wall and not his. He can certainly lock you out of his status updates but not on his comments. Do not give yourself headache and just send him a message to check on him.

15. Aniket Singh

There is an option for this, but unfortunately you cannot set it; it must be set by your friends who do not want to see your comments and likes. If you comment on or like a post that they can view, then your comment or like may appear in their News Feed unless they turn those off. To do that they can hover their pointer over your name or go to your profile/timeline, then move to the Subscribed button, and uncheck

16. Aniket singh

For some time now, I no longer see one of my friend’s activity in my news feed, and I know I didn’t hide him or something like that. Is it possible that he somehow hid his activity from me? Maybe he’s not been visiting FB lately, but his friends had been posting and sharing links on his wall, which I can see because the audience for them is set to ‘friends of friends’. I can still see posts on his wall from his other friends, but he isn’t commenting them for a while now. Is it possible that I can’t see his comments only? Please help

17. Nikhil Chandak

yes they can ,
    first they would have blocked u
    ...

18. Aditya Roy

Its possible that you may not see his status updates, shared articles etc if your friend has changed his setting and put you in a list with restricted viewing.
    But if you are able to see his friends posts on his wall, you will be able to see, if he comments on them.