Why can my friend and I not see each other on Facebook?
Question by Faisal /

My friend and I are unable to view each other’s IDs on Facebook. However, three weeks before we both were added to each other.

My friends Yahoo ID exists and also her Facebook account is based on the same ID, but I am unable to view her and she is unable to view and search my Facebook ID. However, previously we were added both to each other on Facebook. Kindly provide me the solution and possible reason for it.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Berhe

I was using facebook to chat with my friends.
    But, since two days, I couldn’t see my profile pictures, my friends’ posts on facebook.
    Even I couldn’t chat with them. Sometimes when I enter my email address and password, it opens but I can not read what is happening or posted there.
    I can see only friends on line on the right side,nothing else.
    Could you please help me in getting the solution?

• Help!:(

Omg this is happening to me! me and my friend were inboxing each other on facebook but then a couple of days later i searched for him on the search bar but couldnt find him! this is also happening to him and we dont know whats going on.. please help. I really miss him! :(

• Golfgrian

My boyfriend and I were “friends” on facebook before, than he blocked his profile for a couple of months. Now when he activated it again as far as I know all his contacts stayed the same and he was again visible to all his friends, but unfortunately not to me. He tried to add me again and I tried to add him again as well but we dont find each other. We use the same computer at the moment and both profiles are showing up perfectly if one of us signs up. My boyfriend did not block me and I did not block him. Even on the photos and videos where he tagged me or he was tagged the name shows up normally in blue and we are able to click on it. It is searching than for it but doesnt find anything. I have tried it already with the msn ID and skype ID without success. Please help???

Golfgrian,

I recommend that you ask a new question. You are not likely to receive new answers here as the question you replied to is rather old.

• angry78

Same thing happened to me yesterday. My friend and I we were inboxing each other, and suddenly we were not able to. Now, even if i search her name, it doesnt show… i dont know whats going on, but this i am not happy with this.

• Dav532000

Hi. Have you tried typing there name in the search bar to see if you can find them on facebook, if you cannot then try the find friends link and put there yahoo ID into the yahoo search link to ask them to add you.

Hi
    Did you checked another browser and another pc, to see if this is repeating.

I guess what happened is FB deleted your friends list in a form it existed and now you have to create the list again using ‘Create List’ button, you’ll see this button after clicking on ‘Find my friends’ on the right top menu item. Click ACCOUNT > EDIT FRIENDS
    http://www.facebook.com/policy.php?ref=pf

possible The only way you will be able to do it is for one of the two of you to temporarily make your profile visible to all, so the other person can search for you, and then once you have added eachother then you just put your settings back to what they were.

Faisal,

it sounds like one of you has blocked the other. I assume you are no longer on each other’s friend list and you also described that you cannot find your friend’s profile. You should check whether your friend is on your list of blocked users and your friend should do the same as your name might be on her Block List.

In Facebook go to > Account (top right) > Privacy Settings > Block Lists / Edit your lists (bottom center) and check whether the respective name is listed under > Blocked users. If it is, simply click > Unblock next to the respective name to be able to view each other’s profile again. Your previous ties will not be restored.

Please let us know how it worked out!

• Faisal

Dear Tina,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I checked what ever you has instructed but i came to know that this is not the case . We havent blocked eachother, however if i used to search his email id on google, even then it is not showing me any result.
      Please help me out

I’m afraid I don’t have an idea what is going on there.

I would suggest to ask this question in the Facebook General Help section. They will suggest a couple of answers. If they don’t have a solution (which I would expect) click that the provided answers were not helpful. If you do that, your question will be forwarded to a Help Team and they might look into your issue. Have your friend do the same and you should get their attention.

Please let us know if your problem gets resolved. Thank you!