What is the best free website design tool for a beginner?
Question by Phantom /

I’m am about to design my first website. What’s the best free website design tool to create a professional site for a complete beginner?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Best Music Services
Best Music Services
Graphic Design
Graphic Design

• Rebrad9

Weebly is great. Only problem is, after you’ve got your site up and running they take half of all the money you might make on adsense ads. Or did I misunderstand this?

• Phantom

I ended up using iWeb in the end! Very easy to use and i even added some basic HTML code. Only issue I have with it is the ability to update the site as you have to publish to a folder before uploading it via FTP. I haven’t yet worked out how to update a single page but other than that it made a pretty website ( which is all I wanted!). Thanks for all your posts

• Davdun75

Weebly is easy to navigate with plenty of options and, provided you purchase your own domain name (ie. “so-and-so.com”), you avoid using the domain name of the free website builder (ie. “so-and-so.weebly.com”)

• Nnjathlete

Webs.com is one if the best. Plus, they recently overhauled their sitebuilder and their website has been redesigned. Worth checking out.

• G4321m

Weebly worked great for me.

• Scott

Be great if there was one of those famous MakeUseOf tutorials on this topic — or rather, on the two topics that have emerged here as a consensus favourites: WordPress and Kompozer. I’m not a tehcnophobe, but I know my limitations, and the thought of embarking on a website project and then hitting problems midway through has so far put me off any attempt!

We might run a poll about this in coming weeks. We’ll provide readers
      with available options and let them choose what they feel is the best
      option for beginner. this should be helpful.

Aibek

• wicked owl

I have used WordPress, and I like Weebly better. The sites are cleaner and more beautiful. I teach technology at an Elementary school and with a minimum of instruction my 4th grade students chose design themes, created pages and subpages, added text, and uploaded pictures – all in less than an hour.

• BradPitt_LookieLikie

Avoid RapidWeaver, it isn’t a proper editor!

• Phantom

Thanks for all your replies, lots of stuff to check out. I’m going to have a play about this weekend, hopefully won’t get too confused!!