Where can I get free web hosting and domain name?

Aung Thu Htet August 22, 2011

I want to know the free web-hosting site with free domain name (not sub-domain name) forever. Or the web service site which give only free domain name forever (without premium hosting service).

1. leaforg

here you find how to upload website: http://www.youtube.com/embed/wyLVxfReHEc.
    It will teach how to upload your website including you files especial for the setup of databases

2. epicnezz647

I hear of 1 site where u can do that. heres the catch, one have 2 get 100 people A DAY ALL OF THEM BEING NEW for 45 DAYS IN A ROW, and they only give u 1 week to do it. i hate all of these website builds!!! they all cost or require crap to run. grrr.

3. mammananny

I had my Domain name that was ready to expire from WordPress. I went ahead and got web hosting at Go Daddy.Now all I have to do is get it online.

Enjoy the blacklist. I already warned about posting spam affiliate links. 

• Odarknatureo

lol

Congrats Ahmed, you posted a deliberate spam link with affiliate code, and now you've been added to the blacklist. I'm leaving this as a warning to the next person who thinks posting links to spam is helpful. 

thanks Sarah. That's pretty expensive for a domain from Godaddy though, I usually pay about $7 with coup[ons easily found on the internet. That about £4 I think, so even cheaper! I wouldnt touch Wix though - best to get a premium WordPress.com account I think. 

7. Mammananny

While you're at it how about we find you a free computer, internet service and HDTV. I mean there are plenty of services out there. Why shouldn't you get your fair share? Computer technicians know all the answers to our computer problems. Why shouldn't they share what they know for free? Free wall papers, clip art, software programs are all out there for people just like you. Anything you want for free, just ask. 

8. Gretish

You can get free hosting but with limited space, but you can't get free domains.. That's impossible.
    http://freeindianhosting.com

9. Osama

yeah you are asking for impossible.

That's ridiculous. You can't get a free domain and free hosting. Why would anyone / any company offer that to you? What do they stand to gain from that? Even if they forced advertising on your site, chances are they would never recover costs...

If anyone can prove me wrong (100% free domain and hosting, no subdomain, no credit card needed), I will personally send them a $25 bonus for this question!

• Jeffery Fabish

Prepared to be trolled (:

Since he didn't specify a specific TLD (only that it not be a subdomain) he can always go get a .tk from DotTK and then simply point his name servers to someone who does free hosting, such as 000webhost,Zymic, T35.

With GoDaddy you can purchase a domain (for $10 or so usually) and get free hosting. I haven't found a competent "free host" yet, but go find good free stuff, lol. All of the hosting packages I mentioned use "Shared Hosting". You won't be able to find a ".com", ".org", ".net" or other popular TLD's to my knowledge and anyone who says they do is full of shit and are very suspect.

This isn't really an area to be stingy on a budget though. If you want a website up and running with a popular TLD (usually to please your users) then you should shell out some cash. If you're just starting out (sounds like you are) I would be more concerned with just getting the feel of things (which a free domain is perfect for).

I was just about to ask for your email address, then I spotted this in the TOS:

After some time the domain name is expired. Once the domain is expired a parking page will be shown with ads relevant to the previous content.

Well that's a bit of a technicality - it's not that different from a (payed) domain that hasn't been renewed. The domain registry usually holds on to the domain for several months (in case you decide you want it back) and within this time it's not open for new registration either.

Anyway, I agree that no one offers high-class TLDs for free. Even if you buy a hosting package with an included TLD you usually have to pay for it after the first year.

• Pmpaws

Yes you can? Try gbbo. Its FREE for 1 year.! 

Sorry, but you dont win the prize. GBBO online requires a credit card to verify UK address. 

Still, thanks for entering!

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/

Details:
        - free .co.uk domain (useless)
        - free ad supported website
        - after 1 year its £17.95/year

• epicnezz647

yeh... for one year. after that...

• Bilal Khan

brother I know that how to get free web hosting and free domain..... :D Do u want to know.... then give me 25$ first.

Aung Thu Htet,

similar questions have been asked previously:
    Where can I get a free domain?
    Where can I get a free .com or .org domain name?
    Is there a free hosting service to register a .com domain with?

But there may be new information out there, so this is your chance for more answers...