What is the best free speech to text software for Windows?
Question by Mango the Fruitarian /

I’m writing lots, and frequently getting arm ache. Are there any free good speech to text software programs available to download? I just want to up notepad and start talking, and have my voice translated into text and typed into notepad.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Mac OSX Tips & Issues
Mac OSX Tips & Issues

• Otas binato ekhosuehi

What is the best stt software then?

• Lovejony1987

good

• Wintterose

Windows 7 has speech recognition which is good..

• Justin Lock

Great Question. I am looking for the same thing but I don't have windows 7 or vista. Or any money.

• guest

just found this i hope it work as well as they say, http://www.e-speaking.com/

• Guest

I'm no big Windoze fan but the speech to text in Windows is every bit as good aS Dragon as I use them both. In ANY speech to text you have to be aware of mic positioning and extraeous noise. Work on those two things and the text will take care of itself.

• esther

i found the speach recognition software on my computer, but i need the speech to text and now i can only find text to speech! someone can help?

• Arslan

Dragon naturally speaking software is the best one.

• Stephie

I'm a special ed teacher who needs a Speech to text software (hopefully free) for 12 students with great ideas but few or no writing skills (K-1).

• FT

I haven't read where anyone has mentioned Talk It Type It yet. It is very economical. I bought the basic software about 6 years ago. I paid aprox 20.00 for it. Much cheaper than Dragon. TITI does have higher priced editions but I only needed the basic. I had to train it to recognize my voice, but you will have to do that with any of them. Google them to ck them out. I haven't checked recently to see if the co. is still in business. I say that because I haven't heard any ads about the software like they had a few years back. It could be worth checking them out? I like mine.