What free software can a sales team use to assign incoming emails to certain users?

Iñaki Izaola September 19, 2012

Hi,

We’re a team of two people replying to sales emails in our startup company, and we’re getting tons of them lately. We’re looking for a solution that allows us to assign incoming email to each user to make sure all sales emails are taken care of. Is there a free tool that allows you to do that?

Features such as automatically adding templates as a reply or stuff like that would be appreciated, but the basic is the ability to assign emails to users and being free :)

Thanks!

Checkout Zoho CRM at http://www.zoho.com/crm/ . It is free upto 3 users.

Zoho CRM adds the ability to manage your email from within the application. Only CRM that I know has this feature.

It integrates with Goole Apps also, which you can signup free for upto 10 users. It is just the same GMail but with our own business domain.

Also integrates with emails like Google Apps / GMail (you can signup a free account), Plug In for MS Outlook, Zoho Mail (signup a free account),

Read this link carefully all the hyperlinks on the left side. i guess the answer to your problem lies here. :) http://www.zoho.com/crm/crm-email.html

2. Rob Hindle

Depends on the scale of your operation but Gmail may be all you need. I use it that way.

You need filters (under Settings>Filters) - to detect key words in messages or subject lines then forward or add a label to the message.

And canned responses (an add in you find under Settings>Labs) for template replies.

You can even set a filter to automate sending a canned response - but I'd only use that with extreme caution.

• Rob Hindle

Just thought of something else I find very useful with Gmail filters. I have some which identify things needing my immediate attention (like server failures).

Gmail filter forwards the email to an external email to SMS service so I get a text alert on my mobile phone. Although the SMS message is too short to give me much useful information it does at least mean I need to check email.

Is it safe to assume you are not using an internal email system? If not, it becomes more difficult to do this. You may want to look at some sort of Groupware solution (or CRM or ERP) paying particular attention to the email module to see what it can and cannot do. You can look for these types of projects on Sourceforge.net. Just note that not all open source projects listed there are free, some are commercial projects.