Are there free programs for Windows Vista to manage photos on an iPod?

Larry W. Virden June 9, 2011

I would like to be able to, at the very least, delete photos from my iPod. The iTunes program occasionally takes a folder full of images that I don’t need on the iPod and copies them all there, and does not seem to provide a way to remove them. If said program also allowed other photo management tools (captions, albums, etc.) so much the better.

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Strange I had no problem intsalling both the program itself nor VJ#.

The interface seems very straight forward about what it allows you to do. If you leave the mouse cursor over one of the actions on the main screen, not the left side menu, you will get a description of what it does. The program can't delete individual photos or view individual photos. You can only use it to sync your picture folder.

I suggest you fiddle with your iPod's Sync configuration within iTunes. Just select ypur iPod on the left side menu on iTunes, go to Pictures tab and select the folders you want to sync. After you apply the changes all photos that don't are not store in the selected folders, will be deleted.

What iPod are you using? Classic? Nano? Touch? Iphone?

2. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

You can try Froddle Pod:
    http://www.froddle.com/features.htm

The interface has a horrible yellow hue to it, but I think it will do the job that you need.

• Lvirden

I tried it, had to struggle getting VJ# downloaded and installed, then had to try 3 or more times until it installed. Finally, it is installed. HOWEVER, I don't see anything in it that allows me to view specific photos on the ipod and delete them.  But then, maybe I just haven't figured out its interface yet. Or maybe there is some issue with it.