What’s the best free productivity software for Android?

Rajaa Chowdhury October 14, 2012

Kindly suggest me a FULL FEATURED free Office Productivity software for Android which is compatible to MS Office. Please do not suggest a free version without limitations.

1. Adriel Tan

Kingsoft Office works pretty well and is free. Use it on my ICS tablet.

2. kumar raja

U CAN FIND it in http://www.play.google.com/apps all available in this

3. Tarek Ramadan

Kingsoft Office

• Quebec Twosix

I've recommended Kingsoft Office to all my friends, and they are now running the suite under both Windows (XP, Vista, 7 & 8) as well as Android.

The software is free, and will allow you to edit MS Office documents, whilst also reading PDF's.

To be honest, for what I receive in a free suite I am not complaining; & once you become used to the suite it's very easy to use.

I've even removed Adobe from my Android.

Arthur

Hey Rajaa, I know you've marked this as resolved, but none of these Office Suites offer 100% complete compatibility with Office products. They're very good basic productivity software, but don't come close to the actual thing. Even the best Office Suites, such as KingOffice, OfficeSuitePro and Documents To Go lack major features in Office.

Fortunately, a Microsoft executive leaked that Office would be coming to both Android and iOS in the beginning of 2013.

Also, LibreOffice is coming to Android soon, although the date is unspecified.

I think KingSoft Office is an excellent short-term solution to the lack of a must-have office product in Android. Fortunately, in the long-run, we have both LibreOffice and MS Office.

Yep, I heard about MS Office coming on the Android platform but I doubt if it will be a free offering. Never knew though that LibreOffice is foraying into the Android platform, that is great news, must say. :)

5. Sachin Kanchan

If you meant office suite for android (just like Ms-office) then this might help you out...

Kingsoft Office (Free)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng

check rightaway... :)

• Sachin Kanchan

if you own a tablet then you may like this...

Kingsoft Office HD (Office for Android Tablet) Free

http://www.kingsoftstore.com/kingsoft-office-android-tablet

Not owning a tablet yet but planning to purchase one soon. Just waiting for Microsoft Surface to launch and then checkout the market feelers for tablets. Somehow feel, prices of tablets gonna crash. :)

Already installed it yesterday. Finger licking good. Am loving it. :P

6. Kim Diaz

In my opinion it would be QuickOffice or anything smart! ^_^ its free and usable

• Jack Giebel

Try it out. I have used it before and it is pretty good.

8. ViGi

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qo.android.am3&hl=en

Create, Edit and Share Microsoft® Office files!
    Now, your Android smartphone can do more than e-mail, music, and games. With Quickoffice Pro, you get a powerful office suite that lets you open and edit Microsoft® Office documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, as well as, annotate PDF files – online and offline. PLUS, our included file manager works seamlessly with your email attachments, locally saved files, and cloud storage accounts so you can work anytime and anywhere.

If you want it, I can help you to get it free.

It is not free and I guess I already have it pre-installed in my Sammy ICS. I am not too imporessed with QuickOffice.

9. Dimal Chandrasiri

OliveOfficePremium is free! and gives you everything!

Not very good user review.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

ohhhh yeah now only I saw it. try kingsoft office then. it's a free tool too.