Can I get free music on iTunes?

abbigail singh August 28, 2011

I need to get free music on my iTunes.

1. Lolipopland30

Man, just tell us how to get free music on iTunes!!!

2. Sommer

You can find the free music by clicking "Free on iTunes" on the right part of iTunes.

3. Mulder

There are sources of free, legal music out there, but you have to look for them, and you typically won't find anything but independent label artists giving away certain tracks free. iTunes typically has one or more songs free; I think it's on Tuesdays. Amazon.com also has free songs and albums in their music section. Another way to get free music is to use QuickTime Pro on videos that you download from sites such as YouTube to extract the audio track and save it as a new movie file.

Once that's done, you can import the file into iTunes.

look~ another Mike answered Oó

Back to topic:
    Actually you can also find free music on iTunes! 
    There are blogs offering links to free content http://freeitunessongs.blogspot.com/
    Also if you open up the iTunes Store you can find a link "Free On iTunes" on the right-hand side (at least in the US Store). And yet another way is looking through the iTunes U section. There are various titles uploaded as part of the curriculum (e.g. in the Fine Arts section).

• Bakari

I was just going to add this well. Plus, every tuesday Apple posts a new song that you can download for free. Granted, the selections are varied but they are free.

And then drag it into iTunes(sorry, forgot that part).

No. But, you can use YouTube Downloader to download videos from YouTube(among other sites) and use that same app to convert it over to mp3. (and other formats)