How can I get free internet?

wiafe michael August 18, 2010

I want to know if I can get free internet and how to do it. The network providers in Ghana charge a lot of money for internet. It is making me sick and hard to get access with the net with my modem.

1. Xoandre Moats

Another option for you is to visit your local Public Library, as many Public Library facilities provide free internet access on a secured server. Just remember though that the computers are public and open to analysis of the browser history. Also, you MUST remember to LOG OUT of any websites on which you have a membership, or someone who uses that computer after you is likely to be able to access your account, possibly infiltrating your identity and retrieving your private information or credit card information. There are countless horror stories of people who had their Myspace and facebook accounts torn to shreds due to their not logging out while on a public computer.

The only way to get a chance to get free internet is to use a computer that has a wireless adapter and see if you can get access to free wifi hotspots.

The other thing I might suggest is that you make a deal with your neighbors to share their internet connection and split the costs of the bill.

Wiafe,

as far as I know there is no legal way to use free internet at home anywhere in the world. Someone has to pay.

I don't know about Ghana / Africa, but in Europe and North America many Caf├ęs offer free WiFi. So you can use free internet if you have a laptop and buy a coffee. Also libraries often offer free internet terminals or even WiFi. Some universities have free WiFi.

Here is a site that lists WiFi Hotspots in Ghana. And I'm sure there is more. See the following MakeUseOf articles for more sites to search for free hotspots:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-free-wifi-sites-show-hotspot-locations/
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/always-stay-connected-with-these-wi-fi-hotspot-finders/

If you have neighbors who would also like to use the internet you could share the connection and the bill.