What’s the best free Internet radio broadcasting website?

Osama December 2, 2011

I want to start my own Internet radio show. Tell me the best, easiest and free service for this purpose. I tried spreaker.com once but I want to know about other good alternatives too.

1. klu9

Be careful of geographical restrictions! e.g. Pandora is useless outside the U.S. 

• Jeff Fabish

Unless you use a proxy or vpn. 

• klu9

is the OP expected to convince & tutor every potential listener in how to use proxy/VPN to listen to his station?

Jeffs answer is good for hosted services, but you can also go the DIY route and host yourself, like some of the other writers here and I just did at: http://www.technophiliapodcast.com

The files are simply uploaded via FTP, and podPress provides the neccessary enclosure meta-data that makes it work in iTunes. Eahc new post you write on the blog becomes a new episode. Easy!

3. Angelyne1118

once I delete a text message thread on my android, is there a way to get it back?

• Osama

post a new question at makeuseof.com/answers

Are you looking for internet radio or podcast hosts? Because Pandora is the best internet radio service out there! (: You can use BlogTalkRadio, PodBean or iTunes to host your podcasts.

Internet Radio:
    Radionomy
    Listen2MyRadio
    Live365
    ShoutCast
    Slacker
    Jango
    AOL Music
    BlogTalkRadio
    977 Music

One minor point - iTunes will not actually 'host' your files. They merely act as a link directory - the files still need to be stored somewhere outside.