Is there a free hosting service to register a .com domain with?

Dalibor March 28, 2010

I would like to know if there is any FREE online website hosting service where I can register a .com domain. I would like to make a website with a .com domain. Anything out there for free for me?
Thanks.

1. fruitgeek.wordpress.com

There is no such thing as just plain free when it comes to .com names. However there are websites that allow you to fill out trial offers to get one without cost: the companies giving you the trial pay give the domain provider money. There is no money out of your pocket, but it takes time. This is the main one I know of: FreeDomainsBox.com

2. pceasies

Finding a free domain is hard. Just pay $10 a year to buy your own, you can use it with free hosting. Plus, if you do get a free domain it's only going to last a year and the company will probably make you renew it through them since you got it for free.

3. ItsMeAgain

Why don't you go for 110mb.com which is again a sub domain Service, however, its totally advertisement free which is the best part. They give you hell lot of templates as well as an option to upload your own content to have clean pages.

4. dmfh

check out- http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/custom/
    this is just another subdomain type service I think (have not been there for a long time) but I set up a .net address I stream my music on and it didn't cost me a penny

The only free domain names I am aware of are ....co.cc. Jeffry explained how to get one in the article below.

How To Setup A Self-hosted WordPress Blog for Free

• Jack Cola

There's also co.nr - but this is just a subdomain.
      You may also want to try chi.mp. You get a free website using their software @ yourdomain.mp (or you can buy it outright if you want)

Mine is jackcola.mp

6. ├Žnon1mus

You could probably get a third level .com domain name for free but it will go along the lines of http://www.customisedname.secondleveldomainname.com like the ones you see by Blogger or WordPress.

7. Alex

I am not sure about quality or efficiency, but check out - http://www.000webhost.com/

Do they give out free .com domains?

.com names cost people money, so companies don't give them out for free, unless you purchase hosting with them. However, there are some, like NameCheap who offer competitions which you can win free domain names. I've won over 10 free domains with them, but they only do this on special occasions.So basically, if you want a .com domain name, you have to shell our some money. But then again, they only cost $10 per year. If you have a good enough website, you should be able to cover the costs.

Edit: This is my review about NameCheap.com