Free file sharing service needed: Multiple uploads AND downloads at once

Tilman February 2, 2010

Hi. I know that there are many long lists of file sharing sites – and this is part of the problem: I am overwhelmed with the huge variety. What I need:

* Upload multiple files at once
o I don’t want to upload each file separately but I want to select multiple files or a whole folder at once

* Let people download all uploaded files at once
o People should not have to download each file separately
o There has to be a “download all” button

* The limit for the size of one individual file should be
o either bigger than 10MB (for one purpose)
o or bigger than 200MB (for another purpose) — this is not so important but nice if possible

* The total amount of space should be at least 1GB.

* The service has to be for FREE!
o I do not want to pay anything
o Premium paid services are not what I want
o The service can of course have other features for what you have to pay but all above-mentioned features have to be for free.

Hoping to get some answers as soon as possible… Thanks for your help!

–Tilmanb (talk) 19:49, 2 February 2010 (UTC)

P.S. Oh I forgot to mention that most of the times I would be sharing pictures! I HAVE considered photo sharing sites (such as Picasa or Flickr) but they don’t let you download all pictures at once! Generally speaking, however, a photo sharing site would be ok, too.

1. Dg

photobucket only allows websized images in free account

2. zool

Photobucket lets you upload multiple photos at once, and lets you download whole albums at once.

http://photobucket.com/

I second Photobucket

3. ænon1mus

Tilman,Not many services will allow their users to download all the files in one fell swoop. This reduces their ad revenue to support the service. I would say that I've used DivShare and it happens to fulfill all but one of your criterias. Needless to say, it doesn't sport a one-click download solution. However, if you placed your files in a folder within DivShare, your visitors will be able to view them through a link to one of the files.

4. osieaxe

Well, I don´t know if that is exactly what you´re looking for, but take a look at http://www.mediafire.com/