Are there free Bible study programs for Ubuntu OS?

Daniel September 5, 2012

I am a new user of Ubuntu. I love, but I miss my Bible study software and programs I use on Windows. is there any hope for me getting some of the programs for Ubuntu-Linus

1. Timothy Liem

try Xiphos. it's on Ubuntu Software Center.

2. Naoman Saeed

I had seen some bible software in the software centre. It might be in education section

• ampaduba

I'll check that. Thanks.

3. Dan

I know that theWord - http://www.theword.net, which is the best free one, runs nicely on linux with wine, and many choose to go this way.
    HTH

• ampaduba

Hi, Thanks. I got it for windows and it is great. Somehow similar to e-Sword. But don't know about wine and how to get the Word on UBUNTU.

4. Gerhard Tinned

Is there something similar as well for macosx?

Xiphos -- Open Source Bible Study Software -- Ubuntu

xiphos.org/download/debian-ubuntu/

6. gpvprasad

I am not sure about your question.
    If you are looking for commands makeuseof is having some list of linux commands which can be executed in any Linux derivative.

One more thing as per my understanding Ubuntu is not developed by Canonical, Canonical just takes open source available and if any issues are observed in the open source the team in Canonical applies patches. So if you need help for any program you need to get help from the respective app.

If you open full help guide you will end up in research.
    Now a days Ubuntu is so stable you hardly need to be developer to understand many things. It's just a plug and play.

and we have man pages installed by default.

• ampaduba

Thanks a lot. I now have Bible Memorizer and Bible Time.

8. MrXlover

xiphos.org/download/debian-ubuntu

• ampaduba

I have Xiphos. Thanks.

Have you looked at Xiphos? Just open up a terminal window and execute the following command: sudo apt-get install xiphos

10. Justin Pot

It's hard to know what software to point you toward without a specific request, but I can tell you there's a lot of Bible software in the Ubuntu Software Center. Open it up and do a search: you'll probably find something you like. Let us know what works for you, okay?

• ampaduba

Didn't think about the Software Center. I checked and found a couple I could try. Thanks very much.