Which is the best and free bandwidth monitor for Windows?

Osama October 16, 2010

I am going to have a wireless modem with 1 MB speed and a 6 GB monthly bandwidth limit. Please recommend a light on resources and good bandwidth monitor for Windows, so that I can monitor how much I use.

Also, if I only use DSL wireless modem for YouTube watching, Facebook, e-mail and usual surfing about 4 hours a day (not downloading big torrents), how long will a 6 GB bandwidth last?

1. solomon james

i have a network with 15GB monthly bandwidth limit with 2MB burstable speed. i want to control the other network users PC bandwidth usage. please recommend a good remote bandwidth monitor.

You can put Networx on all of the machines and have them report to a central machine on its network usage. From that you can generate reports to see what machines and users are using the most. This will not allow you to control their usage, but only report on it. If you want control of network usage, you would need to look into using a proxy server which has controls to restrict usage.

2. Manoj Kumar

one simple bandwidth monitoring freeware can be downloaded from here http://www.shaplus.com/bandwidth-meter/ . it do not have lot of functionalities but it is just right for those who want to know how much downloaded.

regarding the first part of your question, we have had similar questions. Please check out the answers:

As for the second part of your question, 6 GB a month are approximately 200 MB per day. If you're streaming YouTube videos every day, including HD videos, you will need more.