Are there any free alternatives to Xtranormal.com?

Osama July 19, 2010

Xtranormal is a service which was previously free and MakeUseOf suggested it before. Now it has gone paid. Are there any similar sites like Xtranormal.com?

1. Bill

I wish xtra normal had a damb app for iPhone they would rock then. I can't stand it on the iPhone now too laggy. I hate sitting at a PC. ANY similar sites with an app???

2. guest

Well I check all that were mentioned here and I was only impressed with muvizu. The biggest problem being that if you want quality sound you need a professional narrator. And those are not free for sure. Still xtranormal is not that expessive right? 1,200xp -$10 - When you start they give you 300XP and I think that is enough for a couple movies. Guys you can't expect everything for free unless you are happy using crap. You pay for what you get. Doing software is hard.

3. guest

4. guest

xtranormal is so stupid their site could have revolutionized among he general population especially teachers and be worth a lot more example facebook

5. hahahah

GoAnimate, many of the stuff on there is free, but some are paid

6. Miserpinsow1

is xtranormal free?

7. Onlinegamer9

Muvizu is great but I dont think it works on windows 7. Just search 'Muvizu' on google.

well that sucks, I hope xtranormal fails

9. What the ****

This is shit

10. Mrdavidhsmith

Just FYI- xtranormal seems to be free for a lot of users- they give you a certain amount of free 'points' to use, which is enough to get by on to begin with- but you'd be stuck with only publishing two videos at the most...

11. MarkoK

Try http://www.muvizu.com/
    they seem to still be free

12. Dablingcheese

You could try Pivot stick figure, its similar but not exactly the same

13. Skippynut

This one isn't free but not very inexpensive and has a lot of different things you can do compared to xtranormal http://www.reallusion.com

14. Kendal

i feel your pain</3

15. Jessica Cam W.

With Powerbullet, you can create flash animations for free, but I'm not sure if its movie-making features are similar to Xtranormal's text-to-movie style.

16. Ryan Dube

They aren't easy to find as the service appears to be somewhat rare, but I did previously write an article about another one called Article Video Robot that may offer an alternative?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/extreme-article-marketing-convert-your-articles-into-cool-videos/

I find it easy to use and the videos are kind of cool - sort of a promo piece for the article itself that you can post on video sites.

Hope that helps!